Hydes New "The Beer Studio" Completion (7th January 2013)
Hydes brand new Cask Brewhouse "The Beer Studio" is located on the edge of the thriving Media City in Salford, Manchester.
Its completion took place towards the end of 2012 and included a whole repertoire of cutting edge fully automated systems, with ABM being responsible from its initial conceptual design, right through to completion.
The Microbreweries of today are in high demand as craft beer is currently captivating the imagination of the UK's more adventurous drinkers and the purpose of The Beer Studio is to be one step ahead of the competition by delivering reliable high quality traditional cask conditioned ales for its customers, whilst utilising the latest technology and brewing innovation.
The whole processes involved in brewing beer from Grain Handling, Milling, Wort Boiler, Whirlpool, Fermentation, Storage through to the Cask Racking and cleaning of the whole plant afterwards is controlled centrally from One Scada Workstation.
The system was engineered to match Hydes exact requirements using ABM's tried and tested simple user interface allowing recipe and brewing fine tuning that gives fantastic results.
Features of The Beer Studio Include
- Grain Conveying, Milling, Mashtun, Copper Whirlpool, External Wort Boiler
- 5 Dual Purpose 40 barrel Fermentation/Conditioning Vessels, Cask Racking, Water Services and CIP System
- Control System Design, Installation and Commissioning
- Allen Bradley CompactLogix PLC, Remote I/O and Intouch Scada Control Station
- Plant Live Mimic Displays
- Full Plant Item Engineering Diagnostic Facilities
- Full Trending facilities and Daily Reporting of the Brewhouse Activities
- Remote Operation and Diagnostic Support via the Internet
- Pipework Design and Installation
- Control Panel Design, Build and Installation along with Field Wiring Design and Installation
The process of making the cask ale is made simple with ABM's automated systems.
The demand for Hydes traditional and new Beer Studio ales has been excellent since "The Beer Studio" has opened as they have had extremely positive feedback from customers