Cains Brewery - Routing and CIP System Upgrade (1st January 2012)
During the Christmas peak period of brewing Cains Brewery had a spot of trouble when an ageing automation system failed.
Due to obsolete equipment there was no alternative but to replace the system in it's entirety.
To allow the brewery to continue producing quality ales ABM stepped in and put in place a temporary automation system within just 1 week.
ABM Then proceeded to configure, design and implement a full control system within just a few weeks to allow full production to continue.
This whole system was then installed and was fully operational with 2 days and has been running 24/7 ever since.
The newly installed system includes the following features amongst many others
- Full live graphics of the site to allow engineering functions and full control and logging facilties of plant items
- Cleaning in place for automatic tanks and manually connected tanks
- Routing for all tanks in question to allow beer transfers
- Connections to existing automation systems on site such as the Brewhouse control system
- Upgrading the existing SLC System to an Allen Bradley CompactLogix PLC
- Re-using the existing SLC IO remote IO racks to save cost and speed up installation